During the summer months when the children are out of school, the weather is warm and humid, there is a lot of activity on the Malecon. We have been offered several venues to use free of charge for community events. What we envision is something akin to the school presentations – puppet shoes, lessons with props, video stories, and some dogs to pet and interact with. The difference is this is not confined to a school environment but more open to the public.
Changing the culture of how animals are treated here involves educating the children and the public and this is one method. If you are good at organizing community events – then we could use your help!
We don’t yet have volunteers in place who are fulfilling this role, so we would look for someone with the leadership traits, ability to organize a team, develop a theme and message, work with the venue, and put together one or more events that can be replicated several times.
If you are here in La Paz during the summer, speak Spanish fluently, can work with the venue and city for any permits, put together an event – especially along the Malecon in some of the small amphitheaters or other venues, and can work with our existing team of volunteers, consider applying and telling us about yourself and your ideas.
- La Paz, BCS, Mexico
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities.
- Prepare an annual budget for community outreach activities.
- Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
- Schedule regular outreach exhibitions in the community and educate volunteers and rescatistas on community responsibility.
- Organize special events, including identification and reservation of venues, required permits, equipment, and supplies.
- Volunteer Orientation
- On-the-job training
- Experience with non-profit fundraising or outreach activities.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience preparing reports.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- 4-5 hours per week or more when events are scheduled