Data entry involves assisting in keeping records current and updated. This can involve entering veterinary costs for each dog, records of veterinary visits, records of calls and inquiries concerning adoptions and other data that needs to be housed in our Animal Shelter Manager system. This is an important function for someone with a good attention to detail.
Data entry involves gathering data and capturing some or all of the information including gathering documents and data from various sources to put together a complete picture. This requires an attention to detail and ability to think logically. This may require following up with other team members to verify information and ensure accuracy and completeness. It also involves identifying and correcting errors and bringing them to the attention of the appropriate parties.
- La Paz, BCS, Mexico
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Anywhere else
- Gathering invoices, statements, reports, personal details, documents and information from other team members
- Scanning through information to identify pertinent information.
- Correcting errors and organizing the information in a manner that will optimize swift and accurate capturing.
- Creating accurate spreadsheets.
- Entering and updating information into relevant records.
- Ensuring data is backed up.
- Informing relevant parties regarding errors encountered.
- Storing hard copies of data in an organized manner to optimize retrieval.
- Handling additional duties from time to time.
- Volunteer Orientation
- Animal Shelter Manager training
- On-the-job training
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to concentrate for lengthy periods and perform accurately with adequate speed.
- Proficient touch typing skills.
- Approximately 5 hours per week.