Hope 4 La Pawz, Inc. is a charity that operates in Mexico as Amigos de 4 Patas. This allows us to apply for grants in both countries.
Grant writers craft coherent, organized and compelling proposals to grant organizations. It is important to collaborate with other team members on their fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods and be committed to our organization’s mission. This requires deadline-driven team players with an understanding of the financial requirements to run a dog rescue organization that spans both the US and Mexico. We can help with the training of this depending on where the volunteer currently resides and their knowledge of grants in one country or the other.
- La Paz, BCS, Mexico
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Anywhere else
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with other team members to assist with and send funders newsletters and other marketing materials
- Collaborating with treasurer to compile annual report.
- Sufficient computer skills to complete grant proposals and submit them as required by grantors
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer database.
- Volunteer Orientation
- On-the-job training
- Willingness to support the Amigos de 4 Patas mission
- Ability to interact with individuals in both English and Spanish (Note: Not necessary to be bilingual, but will need to communicate effectively)
- Grant writing experience.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, particularly MSWord, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong team player and ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Ability to put together a budget.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Successful completion of Volunteer Orientation Course
- Approximately 10 hours per week. Can be more when a grant proposal is identified and response is being constructed.